Hawaii Island Adult Care's Mission
» To provide quality care for elders and challenged adults and support for their families
on the Island of Hawaii
Our life-enhancing program serves as a cost-effective, community based alternative that deters premature institutionalization
into a long term care facility. We are a 501 (c)(3) non-profit agency serving Hawaii Island since 1976.
We can help you:
- Go to work with peace of mind, knowing your loved one is well cared for and enjoying each day.
- Keep your family together for as long as possible.
- Cope with the demands of caregiving.
- Have time for yourself
We can help your loved one:
- Have increased quality of life.
- Socialize, enjoy games, music, entertainment and talk story with friends.
- Have mental stimulation, physical exercise, varied activities all day.
- Look forward to each new day.
- Be able to live at home and remain independent for as long as possible.
- Deter premature institutionalization into a long term care facility.
November 19 Caregiver Support Group
November 21 Caregiver Respite Fun Day
November 26 Closed for Thanksgiving
November 27 OPEN
December 17 Caregiver Support Group
December 19 Caregiver Respite Fun Day
December 24 OPEN
December 25 Closed for Christmas
Photos of participant art work
See Online Shop page
2015 Survey Comments
“Your facility and staff has made it possible to keep my mother at home and for me to be more caring when she is home.“
“Awesome. Without your assistance I would be unable to finish my career. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
“Our family is very pleased with the services HIAC has provided for our mom. The staff is very caring especially Virginia, Joy, Lee, Mel, and Gayla.”
“I have time for shopping and marketing without having to rush home ... Also, I am comfortable that mom is in a safe environment and able to socialize a little... “
“Allows my dad social interaction, contentment, physical exercise, enjoyment in learning arts/crafts.”