Our Mission: To provide high-quality day care for elders and challenged adults and support for their families in order to ensure continued living at home – aging in place.
We help you:
- Go to work with peace of mind, knowing your loved one is well cared for and enjoying each day.
- Keep your family together for as long as possible.
- Cope with the demands of caregiving.
- Have time for yourself
We help your loved one:
- Achieve an increased quality of life.
- Stay socially active through friendship, games, music, entertainment, celebrations and just talking story.
- Engage in mental stimulation, physical exercise, and varied activities all day.
- Look forward to each new day.
- Remain living at home, maintaining independence as long as possible.
- Deter premature institutionalization into a costly long term care facility.
Accredited by CARF International in 2014, 2017 - 2020
Celebrating More Than 43 Years of Caring
HIAC is a 501-C-3 Non-profit agency serving Hawaii Island since 1976!
2018 Survey Comments
HIAC gives me peace of mind as they care for my mom like she was their mom. I can to go work knowing she is safe, well cared for and enjoying her time while she is there.
“Couldn’t survive without it!”
“My family is really appreciative and thankful for the individual attention given to my mother. The love and patience really shows that the staff is sincere and dedicated. Thank you all very, very much.”