Hawaii Island Adult Care's Mission
» To provide quality care for elders and challenged adults and support for their families
on the Island of Hawaii
Check out the auction on our online Shop page.
Our life-enhancing program serves as a cost-effective, community based alternative that deters premature institutionalization
into a long term care facility. We are a 501 (c)(3) non-profit agency serving Hawaii Island since 1976.
We can help you:
- Go to work with peace of mind, knowing your loved one is well cared for and enjoying each day.
- Keep your family together for as long as possible.
- Cope with the demands of caregiving.
- Have time for yourself
We can help your loved one:
- Have increased quality of life.
- Socialize, enjoy games, music, entertainment and talk story with friends.
- Have mental stimulation, physical exercise, varied activities all day.
- Look forward to each new day.
- Be able to live at home and remain independent for as long as possible.
- Deter premature institutionalization into a long term care facility.
2013 Annual Anonymous Survey Results
Does our Adult Day Center meet your needs? 100% - Yes
Sensitivity to participant's needs 98% Excellent/Good
Safety and protection of participants 94% Excellent/Good
Helped increase my ability to care for family member 95% Strongly Agree
Given/improved my skills in caring for my loved one 100% Strongly Agree
Decreased the level of stress from care giving 96% Strongly Agree
For more survey results check the FAQ page
"Provides a save and nurturing environment for my Mom that allows her to feel safe and allows me to retain my employment / respite time"
"Above and beyond my expectations."
"HIAC and the caring staff have, without a doubt, saved my sanity! I wasn't sure how much longer I could keep Mom at home without your help."