Our Hilo Adult Day Program provides a safe, caring, mentally and socially stimulating home away from home for elders and challenged adults. We offer your loved one a variety of supervised, structured group activities designed to promote independence, personal growth and enjoyment and camaraderie. Our day care participants engage in a wide range of fun and stimulating social, recreational, and educational activities according to their individual abilities, needs and interests.
Hawaii Island Adult Care employs qualified, caring and creative staff with a 1-to-6 staff-to-participant ratio. We require and provide training and education to our staff on topics in the caregiver, personal development and geriatric areas. In addition, our on-site nurse provides on-going care plan coordination and health monitoring.
HIAC's adult day care services include:
- A warm and welcome home away from home for participants in a brand new, state of the art facility staffed by compassionate, professional caregivers and activity leaders
- Structured program with varied activities and events
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch and snack daily
- Quiet, comfortable rest areas for relaxing
- Incontinence Care
- Assistance with transportation arrangements
- Support and education for family caregivers
- Tuition assistance for low income participants
- Referral of clients with other needs to a variety of health and information resources
- Free visitation for those interested in the program.
- To request an intake packet, email Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To tour our facilities call our Executive Director Andrea Wernli at (808) 961-3747 ext.107, Mahalo!
The Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Adult Day Center opened its doors on January 21, 2019. Our brand new 12,000 sq. foot home for our Hilo Adult Day Center program is located adjacent to the new Mohouli Senior Housing Complex, on the corner of Mohouli st. and Komohana St. in Hilo.
Mahalo to our community partners in building this fantastic facility, Hawaii Island Community Development Corporation (HICDC), a non-profit organization led by Executive Director Keith Kato. HICDC builds self-help and senior housing island-wide, and we are so grateful to the board and staff of HICDC and the collaboration that resulted in our beautiful new home.