New Building Community Donation Drive
“There’s No Place Like Home”
Hawaii Island Adult Care's New Hilo Adult Day Center Facility. Drawing by Fleming & Associates LLC
Every year, Hawaii Island Adult Care, Inc. (HIAC) provides a daytime home for more than 160 elders. This allows them to remain living at home, “aging-in-place” in our community, meeting HIAC’s mission of keeping ‘ohana together and deterring premature institutionalization. We know there’s no place like home.
- New 12,000 sq. foot home for our Hilo Adult Day Center
- Located adjacent to the new Mohouli Senior Housing Complex, on the corner of Mohouli st. and Komohana St. in Hilo
- Current location The Hilo "Memorial" Hospital built in 1923 has numerous concerns which increase each passing year
- Building partner Hawaii Island Community Development Corporation, a non-profit builds self-help and senior housing islandwide
- Hawaii Island Community Development Corporation, led by Executive Director, Keith Kato
- We are very grateful for this collaboration for our new home!
Next Steps & Follow-up News
Committed to date (August 2017) - $8, 006,000.00 by:
- Community Development Block Grant
- State Grant In Aid
- Board, Individuals & Small East Hawaii Businesses
August - September 2017- Foundation applications submitted and pending
Ongoing - Community Campaign
Every Donation leverages more funds from the foundation grants to follow
All contributions or gifts to HIAC are deductible as charitable contributions for income tax purposes.
Community Campaign: How You Can Be Involved
Reach out to your family – together family members can help provide the next generation with their adult day care home away from home.
Donate through Naming Opportunities
Naming opportunities are available for larger donations ($5,000+), click here for more information.
Personalized Memorial Tiles
Memorial tiles placed along the wandering path in the garden area are offered for gifts of $250, $500 and $1,000. Click here for more information.
Donate Appreciated assets
Appreciated assets such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and Qualified Charitable Distributions are welcome, contact Karen Maedo at 935-3506, for information and processing.
Donate via U.S. Mail or by Phone
If you would like to donate by credit card but prefer to do so offline, simply call HIAC at (808) 961-3747. If you prefer to donate by check, please mail your donation to:
Hawai‘i Island Adult Care
34 Rainbow Drive,
Hilo, HI 96720.
*Please make checks payable to Hawai‘i Island Adult Care and click here for donation form. Mahalo!
Tour our facilities
We would love to give you or your family a tour of our program and the new site at any time. Please feel free to call Paula Uusitalo, HIAC Executive Director at (808) 961-3747 ext.105, or Keith Kato, HICDC Executive Director, at (808) 319-2422. Mahalo!
|Additional Info on Funding|
|Community Development Block Grants 2013-2016
Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation
Hawaii State Legislature 2012-2013
Atherton Family Foundation
Hawaii Electric Light Company
LGA Family Foundation/Matson Foundation
Bank of Hawaii
Local Community Support**
|Total Support To Date||$8,006,000|