The Building is Finished and We Are Open!
“There’s No Place Like Home”
Every year, Hawaii Island Adult Care, Inc. provides a daytime home away from home for more than 160 elders. Having a safe and nurturing place to be during the day allows elders to remain living at home, “aging-in-place” in our community. Hawaii Island Adult Care aims to keep ‘ohana together, deterring premature, unnecessary and/or costly institutionalization. We know there’s no place like home.
Opened January 21, 2019!
- Our brand new 12,000 sq. foot home for our Hilo Adult Day Center program
- Located adjacent to the new Mohouli Senior Housing Complex, on the corner of Mohouli st. and Komohana St. in Hilo
- Our community partners in building this fantastic facility is Hawaii Island Community Development Corporation, a non-profit organization led by Executive Director Keith Kato, builds self-help and senior housing islandwide
- We are very grateful for this collaboration for our new home!
All contributions or gifts to HIAC are deductible as charitable contributions for income tax purposes.
Community Campaign: How You Can Be Involved
Reach out to your family – together family members can help provide the next generation with their adult day care home away from home.
Be a part of our kupuna and caregivers’ future -consider donating today.
Appreciated assets such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and Qualified Charitable Distributions are welcome.
Donate via U.S. Mail or by Phone
If you would like to donate by credit card but prefer to do so offline, simply call HIAC at (808) 961-3747. If you prefer to donate by check, please mail your donation to:
Hawai‘i Island Adult Care
561 Kupuna Place
Hilo, HI 96720.
Tour our facilities
We would love to give you or your family a tour of our program and the new site at any time. Please feel free to call our Executive Director Marcie Saquing at (808) 961-3747 ext.107, Mahalo!
|Goal||Committed to Date|
|Board, Individuals and Small East Hawaii Businesses||$184,350||$130,390|
|State Grant in Aid||$1,885,000||$1,885,000|
|Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funding||$3,700,000||$3,700,000|
· Bank of Hawaii Charitable Foundation ($50,000)
· Cooke Foundation, Limited ($100,000)
· HEI Charitable Foundation ($100,000)
· LGA Family Foundation ($50,000)
· Matson Foundation ($20,000)
· KTA Superstores ($50,000)
· Atherton Family Foundation ($100,000)
· Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation ($2,340,000)
· McInerny Foundation ($100,000)
· Central Pacific Bank ($25,000)
· First Hawaiian Bank Foundation ($10,000)
· Fujimoto Foundation/HPM ($6,500)
· Dodo Mortuary ($5,000)
**Includes donations from all HICDC, HIAC Board Members: a big mahalo to Lily Chow, Karen Maedo & Russell Arikawa for assistance with this soft community drive!